Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cosmic Encounters Inspiration Post - Nicolette deSada


http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U1QZRJ2

Cosmic Encounters is an anthology of science fiction stories all with an erotic slant. There are stories from the near future to others taking place on a far flung world. As is custom with most of my anthologies there is a wide number of pairings and heat levels.

Second to speak about their inspiration behind their story is Nicolette deSada. She is the writer behind the story Catching the Virus.

Here is the blurb:

In a repressed dystopia run by a tyrannical government, Jules – a lonely computer geek – enters a virtual-reality cyberworld to help a friend find and destroy some illegal photo files of an illicit nature. However, he gets more than he bargained for when he encounters Virus, a hacker who manipulates the cyberworld to suit his own agenda. Though Jules is only in the cyberworld to retrieve his friend’s photo files, he finds the mysterious hacker an irresistible temptation. Blending noir with cyberpunk, CATCHING THE VIRUS is the first in a series of erotic adventures that pits an innocent against a jaded, but sexy fugitive.

Now without further ado I will pass you all over to Nicolette to explain the inspiration for the story:

What inspired me to write CATCHING THE VIRUS…

My Dad bought me my first computer when I was 13 years old. It was an old Macintosh that was already nearing the end of its days. Though it was limited in function, I positively loved the thing. I wrote my first short story on it (which was lost to the world when the old Mac finally decided to crash and burn). After that, I got my first desktop PC, which was decidedly more capable in terms of power. I also was gifted with an internet connection, which started my foray into the World Wide Web. By the time I was 16, I was something of a computer nerd and spent a good portion of my free time at the keyboard.

Now, I’m no hacker, but I became fascinated by the world of hackers and the muse struck me with an idea for a story about a “networld" called Invoke. Built and maintained by a network of elite, blackhat hackers who wanted nothing more than to be a thorn in the side of an elitist government, Invoke began life as the barebones idea for a futuristic, sci-fi adventure story. Sadly, I got no further with the characters or plot beyond that and the idea was sentenced to sit in my digital drawer of abandoned story plots. Years passed and then I saw the Call for Submission to Cosmic Encounters and, suddenly, everything started to come together. The virtual reality networld of Invoke and the characters who inhabit its digital landscapes suddenly became very realistic to me.

I would like to think CATCHING THE VIRUS is the first in a long line of interrelated short stories that provides a unique take on the erotic potential of virtual reality. Eric Schmidt defined the internet as “the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.” What better way to harness that potential than a networld run by underground hackers as a means of sticking it to a repressive government bent on carefully monitoring everything civilians do?

I enjoyed writing about the world of Invoke and its characters and I plan to return to Invoke for many more stories. I have much in store for Virus and Jules and everyone else who will manage to get caught in the networld’s web (pun intended!).

So, what’s in the future for Invoke and its characters? Well, I’m planning to further explore the networld, the repressive government, the characters, the virtual and the real sex, everything! I have plans for a spin-off that will be set in the future, years after the events that feature Jules and Virus. Since I have plans to illustrate my work in the future, the spin-off may even be illustrated! I haven’t decided yet, but I do know that Jules and Virus’ story is a prelude to what will follow.

I am looking forward to seeing more of these two characters!

About Nicolette

Nicolette deSada majored in Psychology and minored in Sociology during her undergraduate career and was a member of her university’s Gay-Straight Alliance. She is currently pursuing a BFA in Illustration because she aspires to illustrate her own work. Nicolette loves to read manga (especially yaoi manga) and always keeps a sharp eye out for LGBT themes in classic literature.
Nicolette can be contacted at ladydesada@gmail.com. Read the first draft of THE PAPERBOY, a serial novel she is working on, and ZOMBIEFIED, a comic book, at ladydesada.deviantart.com.

Cosmic Encounters is published by House of Erotica and is available in both ebook and print format  here (as well as many other places)

No comments: