Monday, January 20, 2014

Coming Together: Through the Storm Inspiration - Annabeth Leong

Well today I have Annabeth Leong over to talk about the inspiration behind her story Sinkhole. The story can be found in Coming Together: Through the Storm.

http://www.eroticanthology.com/throughthestorm.htm

So without further ado here is Annabeth Leong

On Sinkhole

I lived in a small Florida town for a long time, and my story for Through the Storm, "Sinkhole," is based on my memories of what it was like there. Like the main character, I spent a lot of time wandering around exploring overgrown, out-of-the-way places, particularly sinkholes. For those who've never encountered one, a sinkhole forms when the surface layer collapses. They result is a tiny valley which, in Florida, soon teems with plant life. I'd never seen them before I moved to that town, and they seemed magical and otherworldly. I was fascinated and terrified.

You don't have to walk very far into a sinkhole to feel as if you've gone into a different place. The trees are usually so thick and the drop so steep that, only a few feet in, you already can't see the road. I used to hide in sinkholes when I cut school. I once climbed down to the bottom of a sinkhole that was part of the yard of a really nice house and had a weird encounter with someone else hiding out down there. And, most memorably, there was really a time I went down into a sinkhole with a lover in a rainstorm (though I think what happens in the story is hotter than what I did). I remember kissing and kissing, feeling wild from the power of the storm.

It's not just the place that rings for me, though. "Sinkhole" isn't just a hot scene in the rain—it's also about the hidden parts of a person's life, and so the sinkhole represents more to me than just a location.

About Annabeth

Annabeth Leong's erotic altruism includes her fairy tale retelling The Six Swans for the Coming Together: Neat line, which benefits Kiva; a story of two cosplayers at a comics convention for Coming Together: For Equality, which benefits the Planting Peace - Equality House; a story of a woman soldier on leave for Coming Together: In The Trenches, which benefits Protect Our Defenders; and a dirty, disturbing Bible story for Coming Together: By The Book, which benefits Darkness to Light. She also writes for cash and glory, and a full list of her work can be found on her blog (annabethleong.blogspot.com). She lives in Providence, RI, and tweets @AnnabethLeong

Thanks Annabeth for popping along!
Please don't forget that you can buy Coming Together: Through the Storm from Amazon, All Romance Ebooks and many other places. All links can be found here: http://www.eroticanthology.com/throughthestorm.htm

Competition/Give Away

If you happen to be so kind to buy the book (you should, it's really good if I do say so myself!) and then review it send me the link to my email address reliefanthology '@' gmail 'dot' com I will put you into a prize draw to win any one of my ebooks/books (you get to pick which). Which means not only do you get to donate to charity (all proceeds of Coming Together: Through the Storm go to Mercy Corps) you may well be getting two books for the price of one - and that can't be bad at all.

No comments: