Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Acceptance

Well this morning I got good news regarding a short story I submitted a while ago. It has been accepted but what its about and what it's been accepted in I can't yet say (but as soon as I can I will so watch this space!).

Hopefully this month will bring more good news as I have a lot of stories in various anthologies right now. As soon as I can give information on any of them I will do!

In other news I finished the short story I was working on yesterday and even got started on some proposals which I'm very pleased about. Now today's goal is to get to the 3000 mark on another short story and work on one more proposal. 

Since I've been setting small daily goals for myself I've found that I've been able to focus on my writing - will I continue doing this? I'm not sure but we shall have to wait and see.

In the meantime don't forget to check out my icy winter story Cold Fire

http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Fire-Nicole-Gestalt-ebook/dp/B003XNTTQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383737945&sr=8-1&keywords=cold+fire+nicole+gestalt

Excerpt:

The trail ahead was dark. Now that she was in the forest, she could no longer see the ground in front of her. Stumbling, she fell, her foot catching on a tree root. Crying out in pain, Alice forced herself to get back up and continue to run. In the distance dogs barked, and she could hear the sounds of her pursuers breaking through the undergrowth.
Straining to breathe, Alice ran on, stumbling at almost every step. Moving through the forest was hard going, every movement causing sharp pains to shoot through her bare feet. Sweat dripped into her eyes, making them sting and her vision blur. Wiping it away didn’t help, yet she kept on running.

Alice had no idea how much time had passed as she ran, nor in which direction she was headed. It was a moment before she noticed that the forest in front of her was beginning to thin and grow lighter. Running towards the area, she felt the earth underfoot quickly become wet and soft, then grow hard and bitterly cold. She began to lose all feeling in her feet as they pounded against soil that steadily became frozen the further she ran. The dogs sounded closer and she heard the men shouting. Turning, she caught a glimpse of their torches before her foot caught on an unseen obstacle, twisting underneath her. She hit the forest floor hard. Pain shot through her foot and up her leg, as she clawed at the remains of the fallen leaves, writhing in the cold. She rolled over to face the men as their shadowy forms moved through the trees towards her.

No comments: