Monday, March 24, 2008

Submission Day and Deadlines

I keep records of everything I send out, have returned and accepted. Yesterday I was looking through those records and realised I had a number of pieces just sitting on the computer not doing anything so today I'm having a submission day. That means I'm looking at prospective markets, organising the files and sending out lots of emails.

I'm also working on two short pieces that have deadlines at the end of the week. One of the pieces I'm editing an old story that I had put aside because I liked it but it wasn't right for the thing I was working on at the time, now however I think it's right the market I have in mind so it's being polished and expanded.

In other news I had a hit early this week bringing my total up to 4 for the year. The piece accepted wont be out until 2009 but I'm still very happy and excited it's been accepted.

Right back to work I guess!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Telly: None at the moment
Music: Pink Floyd
Choc/Yummy: None at the moment
Mood: Active, but with a pain in the neck
Main Writing: Nothing so far
Flash Writing: Nothing so far
Reading: Once a Rebel by Angela Ashton

1 comment:

Merry said...

Nicole,
I hope the two pieces due at the end of the week (tomorrow?) are going to plan!
Congratulations on the acceptance!