Saturday, August 25, 2007

And they are back out

The stories i got rejections for yesterday have now been sent back out. Actually they were sent out last night but then I went to sleep once I had sent them so didn't update on here.

Sometimes what you need or at least sometimes what I need is a little push from rejections to seek out new and different markets, I have done so with those two and now they are out and hopefully will come back with good news. I also sent out another piece which I wrote recently that I'm very happy with.

A lot of people have asked me how I come up with the stories for my sudden fiction pieces and to be honest a lot of the time I don't know. I just tend to sit down and write the story appearing in front of me. It's an exhilarating experience writing sudden fiction because it's something that's so small and yet can be so intense, totally unlike the larger pieces of work that I write that can also be intense but in a much wider sense.

Since I sent the two back out with an extra one I've finished a short story that I've been working on for most of a week and have begun writing another one which I've been really looking forward to putting down on paper.

No comments: