Thursday, May 24, 2007

Editor

I had an email last night saying that I had been assigned an editor. Although I knew it was coming I was very happy to finally see the persons name. Now I'm really looking forward to working along side her, although I hope she doesn't find that many edits (famous last words!).

Joking aside editors are great people, without them people's work would be not so highly polished. My work gets edited by my muse at least before it gets sent of, and he gives me a general idea of how the story sounds and what he thinks of it. Without him I wouldn't have gotten the nerve to send in some of my work because I know as much as I try I can't see all the problems in work I've written. As a writer its always extremely useful to have many different eyes look upon your work, and no it's not an ego boost - at least not in my case.

Anyway I just wanted to say I'm really happy and am looking forward to working with my editor.

No comments: