Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The first post of 2008

I want to wish everyone a happy new year. I hope you all had a great and productive year last year and wish you all the best for this one.

Since it is now a new year I thought I would round up my submission stats for last year.

I began submitting on 1st January 2007 with my very first written piece since then I've continued and I hope this year will bring even more submissions and fingers crossed acceptances.

My stats for 2007:
  • Fiction pieces submitted: 17
  • Non - Fiction pieces submitted: 3
  • Sudden Fiction pieces submitted: 20
  • Acceptances: 3
  • Rejections: 22 (there are still a number out that I'm waiting to hear back from)
  • Total: 40 Submissions

Overall I'm very happy with my progress considering I really only began to write seriously from the last week of December 2006. My ebook Summer of Fire has been getting some fantastic reviews and my short piece in Coming Together: Under Fire was so much fun to write I'm going to be working with the characters again. Of course this year has just begun but I've already got a short ebook coming out in the summer and I hope to add to that statistic very soon.

I have learned so much about writing and myself this year I know things will only go up.

No comments: