Monday, November 26, 2007

Getting back into the swing of things

Two weeks ago I decided to take a week of writing so that I could concentrate on getting stock ready for the Christmas stall. It's taken me two weeks but now I'm finally getting back into the writing swing of it all. Normally it doesn't take me so long to get back into writing but or some reason the projects I've been working on just haven't been gripping me as much. So I began looking online once more for markets and guidelines and would take my fancy and have finally got something I want to write about. Well at least until I get back to being used to writing every day then I can continue to work on the pieces that have more urgent deadlines than the one I'm writing now has.

The piece I'm currently writing is a fantasy sword and sorcery style although it switches between 3rd person and 1st person. It's a bit more experimental for me but I'm enjoying working on it and it's a breath of fresh air for the time being.

In the mean time I'm still waiting on a number of pieces that are out there. I had a bit of a sudden impulse to go back through the pieces that had been sent back to me and so they are all back out now. I'll let you know how things go when I hear anything.

No comments: