Thursday, April 26, 2007

Recent Writings

Recently I've been spending a lot of time writing sudden fiction pieces. Sudden Fiction is classed as a story of 1000 words or less. I have gotten into it due to a post I happened to see on one of the online forums I visit. Since I spend most of my time writing pieces that are 5000+ words I have found it really interesting to see if I can use the least amount of words possible and still end up with a decent story. In fact I think it has actually been helping me focus on the words I use because in my speech I am famous for using the most amount of words to describe one thing when actually one word will do, I'm probably doing it right now actually! The results I have had have been pleasantly surprising and I'm very pleased with what I have produced. A number of pieces are now in submission and I await the word on them.
Other then that I had been really hoping to have something written for a MaleDom anthology but illness took hold of me and time got the better of me and I've just not got anything decent to send in. So I'm having to say no to that one. I dislike it when I plan to do something and don't do it usually I would have pushed and pushed until it was done but this time i couldn't even stay awake long enough to write hello let alone almost 20k! Still I'm feeling better now and I'm busy planning the next pieces for submission.

No comments: