Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Delicious Torment Blog Tour - Introducing Alison Tyler

Well it's with great pleasure today that I get to introduce Alison Tyler to my blog. She is currently in the middle of a huge blog tour that's taken her all over the place already. What is it all in aid of? Well her brand new book Delicious Torment

For those of you who don't know Alison she's a force to be reckoned with and the writer and editor of many books and anthologies, just check out her huge amazon page for the full list of books! (http://www.amazon.com/Alison-Tyler/e/B000APSWIM/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1390907738&sr=8-1). 

http://amzn.com/1627780076

So without further ado here is Alison answering a few questions I got to ask her!

1.Is this book a direct continuation of the first in the series or can it be read as a stand alone?

The Delicious Torment continues where Dark Secret Love left off. But I definitely feel a reader could fall into the warm, wet middle and still be able to swim to shore.


2.How do you take your coffee/tea/hot chocolate?

I take my coffee black. I don’t take my tea or hot chocolate at all. Coffee. Black. Preferably, in an off-white 1950s style diner mug. Generally, while the sky is still dark outside.


3.When it comes to sitting down and writing a novel do you plan or dive straight in and see where it takes you?

The starting is easy. I have ideas all day long. The ones that wrap me up and don’t let go—those are the ones that get finished.


4.The exquisite agony of waiting for that first review is understood by many authors, what do you do when you get the first review of a new book?

Oh, if it’s good, then sweet relief. And if it’s bad, then if you would, please pass me the bottle under the table. My skin’s not thick enough yet (even after all these years) to kick-start a book with a bad review.

5.When you are working on a novel are you ever tempted to 'cheat' on it and see other ideas and books on the side?

I cheat on my WIPS all day long. In fact, I wrote this whorish little post about cheating right here:


6.What had been your favourite part of working on this book?

The Delicious Torment is the second in a series of at least six books. I am beyond excited about having the opportunity to hold paperback copies of what started out as blog posts back in 2006. It’s a dream come true.

7.Sum up the book in two sentences.

What happens when your “true love always” involves not one man, but two? Samantha must decide whether her heart has room for more than only Jack.

8.What is next for you?

After The Delicious Torment comes Wrapped Around Your Finger. I’ve just turned in the final manuscript. Now I’m waiting to hear back regarding edits. But I’m never still. While I’m waiting, my head’s down and my fingers are flying on a new novel.

Where can readers find you and your works?

Thanks for dropping by Alison!

If you want to follow Alison on her tour her extensive 'travel' list is here: http://alisontyler.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/tormented.html

No comments: